Crust Simply Italian
The Merendino family, originally from Sicily, settled in Long Island, New York in the mid 1950s. As a boy in his father?s pizzeria, Michael would often hear his father tell the story of the ?Pizza Rustica.? Growing up in Sicily, food was an important commodity.. and was seldom wasted. One such item was the remaining dough scraps that were left over from making fresh bread. Out of necessity to humbly feed their families, the dough scraps were stretched out into thin and odd-shaped sizes and topped with simple and local ingredients? thus, the ?Pizza Rustica? was born. Michael took the idea of the Rustica and brought it to Phoenix, AZ. The idea behind this pizza is to be fresh and flavorful while remaining authentic to old world family traditions.
Whom to Contact
- KellyAccountingPhone: (480) 917-4903
- Javier FernizaDistrict Manager - SW regionPhone: (480) 917-4903
- Kristina JonasGeneral ManagerPhone: (480) 550-1550
- Katelyn LeckeyAssociate ManagerPhone: (480) 917-4903
- Deb LipmanCatering & Events directorPhone: (480) 643-0547